At the 19th Edition of the Lanzarote Film Festival, participants of the EXPRESS SHORT FILM section may opt for two different categories:
• SHORT FILM: up to 4 minutes long
• BUMPER: up to 6 seconds.
General participating conditions:
1 short film per team
• up to 4 bumpers per team
• On Sunday 12th May from 9am to 10am, the final projects shall be submitted in Casa de la Juventud
• Everyone has 48 hours to complete their project
• Short films as well as bumpers must be original creations (down to the production, idea, music, etc).
• TOPIC: CÉSAR MANRIQUE’S ESSENCE, ART AND NATURE.
• Projects can be edited in Casa de La Juventud in Arrecife, at the IT room. The IT room is open from Saturday 10:00 until
Sunday 10:00, continuously.
• Screenings and Award Ceremony: Cine Atlántida, Sunday 12/05 at 18:00, public access and free for participants.
What are BUMPERS?
• Advertising film format
• 6 seconds to tell a story
• 1 sole idea
• It is publicity, therefore it aims to communicate
The participation conditions for Bumpers are the following:
- Specific content for that format
• Cannot reduce 30” spots
• Specific creative process
• Shooting specifically for this format (everything matters, the idea must be clear before filming)
• 6 seconds, 1 idea and a specific emotional tone
• Images prevail over sound
• Closeups adapt better to a mobile screen
• Voiceover or narrative may get lost, everything counts,
music, sound, silence.
• Its own rhythm
• No introduction, straight to the plot
• The action takes the lead
• Several Bumpers work better
• If there’s a sequence, the message is clearer
• Each bumper nuances part of that idea that is wished to
be passed on
• The topic consists of: passing on the idea of art and
nature through the experiences of customers